Data and Impact Measures
The key to the viability of any system are the results it produces. The challenge with workforce development is that, by its nature, the true impact of the system is hard to ascertain. There are the jobs that are filled, which help a business. There are people placed in jobs, which helps jobseekers. But to what end? What is the impact of these efforts?
This page will try to capture these impacts, with concepts and papers from around the country. All trying to answer the same thing: How much of an impact can we have?
Details and the date of the strategy will be forthcoming.
- Workforce Development Council – Conference of Mayors
- California Workforce Association
Examples of Impact Measures for the Workforce System
- What We Know About Workforce Development for Low-Income
Workers: Evidence, Background and Ideas for the Future – National Poverty Center, 2013
- Inside the Black Box – What Makes Workforce Development Programs Successful? – University of Chicago, 2012
- Assessment of Workforce Development – University of Texas-Austin, 2012