Workforce Executive BootcampWhere the future leaders of the system are developed
Program facilitated by:
- Bob Lanter – Executive Director, California Workforce Association
- Tim Aldinger – Foundation for California Community Colleges, Director of Workforce Development Services
CWA is proud to offer this year-long training for directors, deputy directors, and executive Workforce Development Board staff. There is a total of 60 hours of content and learning. Bootcamp will provide the knowledge, tools, and peer-to-peer learning needed to thrive in the ever changing workforce development world as a regional leader, a steward of public resources, and an effective workforce development professional.
Who Should Attend?
- Established Executive Directors
- New Executive Directors
- Deputy Directors
- Associate Directors
- Division Managers
- Operation Managers
- Anyone who has broad leadership responsibilities and/or people on a promotional track to executive positions
Even established WIB Directors will get some great tips out of this training!
Session 1: Leadership and the WIB Director
- WIA to WIOA
Session 2: Workforce Development and managing priorities
- Understanding the labor market
- Effective meetings
- Fiscal and Grant Management
- Current State and National policy developments
- Sector strategies and career pathway development
Session 3: Collaboration
- Managing politics
- Connecting with business
- WIOA: one-stops and required partners
- Collective impact framework
- Stakeholder mapping
Session 4: Final Projects
- Review of Year
- Post assessment on director knowledge
- Presentations and feedback
Cost of Program
*Cost includes lunch at each of the four sessions. Participants will need to travel to the four trainings, which will require one extra day for the quarterly meetings.
If you require disability accommodations, please email Monica Sobala at least two weeks prior to the training date to explain the accommodations needed.
Cancellations must be received via email to email@example.com three weeks prior to your session to qualify for a refund. A $150.00 cancellation fee will apply. Individuals that have not cancelled by that date may send another person in their place. No-shows are still responsible for the full registration fee. No exceptions will be made.