MONTHLY CAMPAIGN DATE
JULY 3-7, 2017
PRIMARY TARGET – Federal Lawmakers, Local Electeds, State Electeds
OTHER TARGETS – Business Owners, System Partners, General Public
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: DO AS MANY OF THESE AS YOU WANT, BUT DO SOMETHING!
• SOCIAL MEDIA HASHTAG – Use #WorkforceWeek and post a link to an article, blog post, or information on Veterans programs in your area. Or use #WorkforceWeek and just comment on Veterans programs, and their effect in your community.
• ONE KEY MESSAGE TO REPEAT (in tweets, op eds, blogs, press releases) – Write a piece on your workforce board’s website, or send in an op ed, that includes the following phrase somewhere in it: “The workforce development system speeds veterans’ transition to a productive civilian life, translating their skills to an immediate payoff.”
• LINK TO CAMPAIGN WEBSITE – http://workforceweek.com is where we will house the stories and best practices around Veterans. Link back to that site either on your website, or through social media. If you do it through social media, use #WorkforceWeek
• “FOCUS ON SUCCESS” – If you have nothing else to communicate on, you can share this news story from Northeast Indiana that talks about the workforce system and veterans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAOyWeUAmLA
• BEST PRACTICE and/or SUCCESS STORY TEMPLATE – Submit your story or best practice (and photo!) here, and we’ll promote it for you through this very simple online form! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/workforcesuccess
• EMAIL SUBMISSION – If you aren’t able to share via any of the above methods, or just don’t think you’ll have the time, email a story to email@example.com and we will post your article or success story for you.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES (MEASURED DURING CAMPAIGN WEEK) – We will be reporting out on all organizations who participated, with the goal of a fabulous prize at the end of campaign season in November! Yes, there will be a scoreboard, so participate early and often!
• TWITTER REACH – Measures Twitter hashtag to find tweets, organizations, and estimated audience for all tweets combined
• YOUTUBE VIEWS – Will measure the amount of views on the Featured Video on the website
• GOOGLE ANALYTICS – Will measure the views and visits to the campaign website
MESSAGING FOR ELECTED OFFICIALS, WORKFORCE BOARDS, AND BUSINESS CHAMPIONS TO SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
“Workforce Development guides #veterans based on acquired skills, leading to gainful civilian lives #WorkforceWeek http://workforceweek.com”