PRIMARY TARGET – Federal Lawmakers (to influence Appropriations and elevate the profile of the system), Local Electeds, State Electeds
OTHER TARGETS – Business Owners, System Partners, General Public
MONTHLY CAMPAIGN DATE
- JUNE 12-16, 2017 – Job Seeker Success – Summer Youth Programs
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: DO AS MANY OF THESE AS YOU WANT, BUT DO SOMETHING!
- SOCIAL MEDIA HASHTAG – Use #WorkforceSuccess and post a link to an article, blog post, or information on Summer Youth programs in your area. Or use #WorkforceSuccess and just comment on Summer Youth programs, and their effect in your community.
- ONE KEY MESSAGE TO REPEAT (in tweets, op eds, blogs, press releases) – Write a piece on your workforce board’s website, or send in an op ed, that includes the following phrase somewhere in it: “Summer Youth programs put young adults to work with first job experiences that put them on the path to be lifetime earners.”
- LINK TO CAMPAIGN WEBSITE – http://workforcesuccessstories.com is where we will house the stories and best practices around Summer Youth. Link back to that site either on your website, or through social media. If you do it through social media, use #WorkforceSuccess
- “FOCUS ON SUCCESS” – If you have nothing else to communicate on, you can share this message from LA Mayor Garcetti on the HireLA Summer Youth Program: http://ewddlacity.com/index.php/employment-services/hirela-s-youth
- BEST PRACTICE and/or SUCCESS STORY TEMPLATE – Submit your story or best practice (and photo!) here, and we’ll promote it for you through this very simple online form! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/workforcesuccess
- EMAIL SUBMISSIONS – If you can’t do Twitter, you can’t fill out the online form, and you can’t do a press release, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to something your board has done related to the campaign topic, and we’ll be happy to disseminate.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES (MEASURED DURING CAMPAIGN WEEK)
- TWITTER REACH – Measures Twitter hashtag to find tweets, organizations, and estimated audience for all tweets combined
- YOUTUBE VIEWS – Will measure the amount of views on the Featured Video on the website
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS – Will measure the views and visits to the campaign website
MESSAGING FOR ELECTED OFFICIALS TO SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
“Summer Youth programs put young adults to work with first jobs that help them be lifetime earners #workforcesuccess http://workforcesuccessstories.com/” (you can also substitute the link for your own agency instead)