WORKCON 2018: Anticipating Record Attendance
May 2 – 4, 2018, Hilton San Diego Resort
WORKCON 2018 highlights some of the most powerful, successful collaborations and partnerships occurring among WIOA partners. This year’s Conference is shaping up to be one of the biggest yet, with 500 registered attendees (and a month to go!).
The Conference is a unique gathering of Workforce Development Board members and workforce professionals; CTE educators from Adult Schools, community colleges, charter schools, ROPs, County Offices of Education and the K- 12 system; DOR and other rehabilitation programs; apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs; economic development professionals; and other key partners helping provide a trained, skilled workforce to our diverse regional economies.
Preview the Conference Program. WORKCON features 5 pre-conference sessions, 5 plenary sessions, 3 mini-plenaries, 50 workshops, a networking reception, an Awards Luncheon (and a casino night)! Don’t miss out on the fun and learning, and a chance to discover some of the most innovative work happening in California (and beyond).
The Integration Continuum: A Tool for Service Alignment and Integration in America’s Job Centers
Lou Adams and Brian Ingram, National Disability Institute
The Integration Continuum Tool assists American Job Center partners to identify their current levels of interaction…Isolation, Communication, Coordination, Collaboration or Integration…across each of six major functions.
- Outreach and Intake
- Career Services
- Case Management
- Follow-Along Services and
- Business Engagement.
Learn how you can increase levels of trust, partnership, ownership and resource sharing, and help align efforts around a specific plan of action.
A GLIMPSE AT A FEW OF OUR SESSION TRACKS
- Workforce Systems Design & Regional Planning: A Poetic Conversation (mini-plenary)
- Strategies to Strengthen Regional Workforce Coordination
- Developing Career Pathways from Scratch: Lessons from a Regional SlingShot Project
- New and Evolving Approaches to Regional Engagement
- Industry Advisory: A Regional Solution That Works!
- How to Get Others toWillingly Do What Needs to Be Done (mini-plenary)
TECHNICAL & ADMINISTRATIVE
- A Dive into WIOA Title I Performance Policy (pre-conference session)
- CalJOBSSM Hidden Treasures
- Pay for Performance: Implementing an Outcomes-Based Approach
- Embezzlement…So You Think It Can’t Happen to You
- Have Your Database Call My Database
- Reducing the IT/Cyber Skills Gap in California
- Hackathons as a Data Science Workforce Development Strategy
- Benefits of Using Apps in Your Job Search and on the Job
- Automation, Artificial Intelligence and Digitization (mini-plenary)
PRE-CONFERENCE TRAININGS (on Wed. morning, May 2nd)
A Dive into WIOA Title I Performance Policy (No Life Jackets Required)
Nicole Orwin, EDD & Ingrid Schonfield, USDOL, Region 6
Do You Have the Skills to Be a Great Partner?
Larry Robbin, Robbin & Associates
Using Effective Tactics for Strategic Employer Partnerships
Mike Fazio, Co-Founder & CEO, Workforce 180
Career Vision: A Different View and Google University: The Elephant in the Room
Jamie Beck, Career Vision
Running a Seamless One Stop: An Open No-Holes Barred Rap Session
Moderator: Angela E. Gardner, San Bernardino County One Stop Operator
The Hilton San Diego Resort
1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego
The Hilton San Diego Resort is sold out. To book a room, contact one of the nearby hotels listed below or go to: www.hotels.com.
Paradise Point Resort
1404 Vacation Rd, San Diego, CA 92109
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
1441 Quivira Rd, San Diego, CA 92109
Catamaran Resort Hotel
3999 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109
EXHIBIT SPACE SOLD OUT!
WORKCON 2018 presents a unique opportunity to organizations wanting to gain valuable access to the diverse audience of decision makers represented by our attendees.
Although we have sold out our exhibit space, limited sponsorship and advertising opportunities remain available until Friday, April 6th.
IF you are Interested in exhibiting, sponsoring or advertising at future CWA conferences follow the links below for 2018 pricing. Multi-conference discounts are available – contact Megan Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org